WHO WE ARE
SCS Communications is an established fulfillment company specializing in network installation, repair, and support solutions for multiple telco operators and tech companies such as Consolidated Communications, Inc., Trailrunner Wireless, Outer Reach Broadband, GWI, RTO Wireless, and more. We actively recruit energetic, driven, intelligent people, to help us reach our vision of changing the way the world communicates.
We offer competitive pay and year-round employment.
JOIN OUR TEAM
A Field Technician / Installer completes site surveys, pre-qualifications, installs equipment and educates our customers on their new equipment and services. In addition, the following describe the job functions associated with a professional installation.
- Confirming needed supplies, tools and equipment and consult with operations on specifications of work orders
- Planning to perform each job safely and efficiently
- Providing top level customer service by communicating to the customer an estimated arrival time prior to arrival at the site
- Reviewing order (new installation, additional services or troubleshooting) with the customer before commencing work order and upselling where possible
- Conducting site survey and working with customer to determine scope of work
- Verifying that the completed order is satisfactory to the customer while meeting or exceeding company minimum installation standards, and providing customer education on equipment
- Cleaning up site, conducting final account review with customer and providing detailed documentation on the customer accounts using company-provided mobility tablets or other digital means
Technician / Installer Job Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer/tablet/smart phone skills required
- Excellent customer service skills; customer- and team-centered attitude with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within ladder safety weight requirement of 275 lbs
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test is required for employment consideration
Education & Experience
- High school diploma (or GED) required; college or technical/vocational school a plus
Other Beneficial Skills & Qualifications (not a requirement for hire)
- Basic Microsoft Office experience
- Data entry skills including use of the web and apps
- Additional electronics systems such as audio-video systems or security camera systems
Our business is open five days a week, but our installation services occasionally extend beyond normal business hours and require flexibility at times, including some weekends if necessary. Some travel with overnight stays will occasionally be required.
LET’S WORK TOGETHER
Follow the apply now button below and fill out our application form.
We will reach out shortly to discuss next steps.